India, Aug. 13 -- Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K. Sangma on Wednesday said the group that carried out an armed raid on a village along the border in Meghalaya's South West Khasi Hills (SWKH) district may have been a criminal gang from across the border.
Sangma said the state government has reported the case to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Intelligence Bureau (IB). "We have informed the MHA and the IB about what happened at the SWKH border," he told HT.
The chief minister added that the preliminary investigation had indicated the group was a criminal gang which intended to kidnap the victim and that there was no evidence so far of links to Bangladeshi agencies. "However, the probe is ongoing, especially after the recover...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.