Rybakina hits out at line-calling system after Madrid rowPublished on: April 28, 2026 2:58 AM
Pakistan, April 28 -- Elena Rybakina said she has lost faith in the electronic line-calling system after the Australian Open champion was left fuming over a disputed call during her three-set victory over Zheng Qinwen at the Madrid Open on Sunday. The flashpoint came when China's Zheng was awarded an ace for 40-0 while serving at 4-3 in the second set, despite the mark appearing well out.
"Well with this thing, I won't trust it at all," Rybakina told reporters after her 4-6 6-4 6-3 victory sealed a spot in the last 16. "Because there was no mark even close to what the TV showed."
The two-time Grand Slam winner compared the incident to Alexander Zverev's clash with officials at the men's tournament in Madrid last year, when the German wa...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.