Pakistan, Feb. 8 -- The Punjab government has appealed to the public to strictly observe safety precautions to ensure peaceful and safe Basant celebrations. In a media statement, Home Department Punjab Secretary Ahmad Javed Qazi said that comprehensive administrative and security arrangements had been put in place across Lahore. He said the provincial government had taken all possible measures to make Basant a safe and enjoyable festival for citizens as well as guests visiting Lahore from different parts of the country and abroad. He said all relevant government departments were fully alert and actively performing their duties to ensure public safety during the festivities. The Secretary said that extensive security arrangements had been ...