Dhaka, Feb. 11 -- The family of Dipu Chandra Das, who was beaten to death before his body was set on fire in Mymensingh's Bhaluka by a mob who alleged he insulted Islam, has reiterated the demand for justice.

The murder occurred on Dec 18 last year.

The family reacted after the government announced a compensation of Tk 5 million to the family.

"Why Tk 5 million? Even if all the money in the world cannot compensate for the loss of my son," said his father Rabi Chandra Das on Wednesday.

"We want to see the killers of my son punished. We want the trial to set an example so that no other parents in the country have to suffer our fate in the future," he said.

On Tuesday, the government announced housing aid of Tk 2.5 million for Dipu's fa...