'Had no knowledge': Gulf leaders on Trump's claim of stopping Iran attack
Sri Lanka, May 20 -- A day after US President Donald Trump claimed that Gulf leaders had urged him to avoid fresh military action against Iran, officials from some of those countries said they were unaware of any such operation, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Trump had said on Monday that he decided to "hold off" on striking Iran after leaders from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates appealed for more time for diplomacy. According to him, the leaders told Washington that "serious negotiations are now taking place" and requested that the US not go ahead with an attack that he said had been planned for Tuesday.
The Gulf allies believe "a Deal will be made" that includes "NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!" Trump wrote.
He s...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.