Hegseth asks US Army chief of staff to step down as military shake-up deepens
WASHINGTON, April 3 -- Secretary of Defence Pete Hegseth has asked General Randy George to step down as chief of staff of the US Army, an official said yesterday.
George is the latest senior military officer to be ousted during President Donald Trump's second term. His removal as the top Army officer comes with the United States engaged in a war with Iran that the president has indicated could last for several more weeks.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed a report from US broadcaster CBS that said George had been asked to take immediate retirement.
The reason for the request was not immediately known, but CBS quoted a source as saying Hegseth wanted someone who would implement his and Trump's vision for the A...
Click here to read full article from source
इस लेख के रीप्रिंट को खरीदने या इस प्रकाशन का पूरा फ़ीड प्राप्त करने के लिए, कृपया
हमे संपर्क करें.